Samsung Magician Download is the Software support to optimize Samsung Solid-state drive (SSDs). Using this software users can monitor drive health, manage to protect data, customize your SSD, and maximize performance just like a pro. Unlocking the full potential of your Samsung SSD.
That tool with the user-friendly interface is very easy to use Samsung Magician and all you have to do is, Begin the procedure and continue with your job until the background process is complete, and we are at the top, providing you with detailed instructions.
What is Samsung Magician ?
Samsung Magician is a tool that will show all sorts of information about the status of your SSD. You can diagnose the health of your SSD drive, Chace usage time, TBW (Total Bytes Written) information. That mainly specializes in Samsung SSD. But you can use that some of the features with other types of hard drives you have.
What Does Samsung Magician Do?
Samsung Magician Download providing Addition information about your SSD product and system. You can update new firmware, and benchmark for optimum performance. To use Samsung Magician, you don’t need to have any tech knowledge or any special requirement.
Key Features of Samsung Magician Download
- Available SecureErase function, that can fully erase your data on the drive in under one minute.
- Automatically Update the latest firmware.
- Automatic Operating system optimization for DIPM settings, Superfetch, ReadyBoost.
- Benchmarking application support tests the performance of the SSD and the connected devices.
- Compatible with all previously Samang SSD Drivers.
- Support Advanced Performance Optimization.
- Alarm function to Firmware or Magician Update.
- Diagnostic Scan that can identify the information state of the drive.
Revision History Samsung Magician
|Revision Number||Description||Revision Date|
|1.0||Initial Release||Sep 2021|
|1.1||Bug fix, Security improvement||Dec 2021|
|1.2||New features included, User Instructions Improved||Mar 2022|
|1.3||New features included (LED Setting, Data Migration)||Sep 2022|
|1.4||Data Migration feature improved||Mar 2023|
|1.5||New features included, User Instructions Improved||Sep 2023|
Technical Information Samsung Magician Download
|Latest Version||v 8.0.0|
|Last Update||September 22nd, 2023|
|Operating System||Windows, Mac Os, Android, and iOS|
System Requirements Samsung Magician Download
|Operating System||Windows 10 or higher, macOS High Sierra 10.13 or higher|
|Disk Capacity||Minimum 600MB available for installation|
|Supported Partition Types||MBR, GPT|
|Supported Languages||English, Korean, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese(Simplified), French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian|
|Storages||Samsung’s branded storage products|
Older Version of Samsung Magician Download
- Samsung Magician 8.0.0 – (Latest Version)
- Samsung Magician 188.8.131.520 – 16 Dec 2021
- Samsung Magician v7.0.0 – 30 Sep 2021
- Samsung Magician v6.3.0 – Mar 22nd, 2021
- Samsung Magician v6.2.1 – Oct 22nd, 2020
- Samsung Magician v184.108.40.206 – Apr 23th, 2020
How to Download Samsung Magician
- Go to the Samsung Magician Download Page.
- You can see the Download button top of the page.
- Click the Download button.
- Select Location to save the file.
- Now automatically Downloading files on your computer.
- Once complete the download, you can start the installation.
How to Install Samsung Magician
- Extract .Zip File.
- Open the Installer Application.
- Select language and click Ok.
- Now you can see the Welcome Setup page. Click the Next button to continue.
- Accept the Samsung Magician Software Agreement. Then click the Next button.
- Accept the Samsung Magician EU Privacy Notice. Then click the Next button.
- Select Addition icons, Then Click the Next button.
- Now ready to install, click the Install button to start Installation.
- After a few seconds Installation complete and click the Finish button to launch Samsung Magician Software.
Release Notes of Samsung Magician
Samsung Magician 8.0.0 – (Latest Version)
- Features: Expanded OS Support - Magician available for Windows®, macOS®, and Android™. Feature availability varies by OS.
- Features: Expanded Product Support - Supports all Samsung branded memory storage products.
- Features: System Details - Displays chipset, mainboard, and memory slot information.
- Features: Newsroom & Notice Board - Offers latest product and firmware update news.
- Features: Genuine Authentication - Enhanced visibility for product authenticity in Magician 8.0.
- Features: Skin Theme - Option to choose between dark or light themes.
Samsung Magician 7.2.0
- Features: LED Setting - Preview and customize SSD LED effects, modes, and colors.
- Features: Data Migration - Easily migrate data from existing storage to a new Samsung SSD.
- Features: Source and Target Drive - Check and select partitions for cloning.
- Features: Executing Feature - Options to include or exclude specific partitions during cloning.
- Features: Precautions - Cloning to Samsung SSD deletes all data on the target drive; back up important data first.
- Features: Responsibility Disclaimer - Samsung not liable for data loss or recovery during cloning.
- Features: NVMe SSD Cloning - Install Samsung NVMe Driver before cloning to Samsung NVMe SSD.
Samsung Magician 7.0.1
- Features: Security Setting - Manage password and fingerprint for Samsung Portable SSD.
- Features: Security Mode - Toggle to enable/disable security features.
- Features: Password and Fingerprint Management - Change password and manage fingerprint settings.
- Features: Executing Security Features - Steps to enable security mode and set up fingerprint lock.
- Features: Help Center - Access FAQs and solutions for issues encountered with Samsung Magician.
- Features: Problem Solving Recommendations - Tailored advice based on specific feature usage.
- Features: Chatbot Support - Interactive assistance for Samsung Magician queries (English only).
- Features: New SSD Announcements - Direct access to official site for latest SSD information.
- Features: Chatbot Feedback - Option to rate satisfaction with the provided answers.
- Features: Interactive Query Input - Enter questions for personalized Chatbot responses.
Samsung Magician supported Windows OS :
Windows 11, Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
Samsung Magician supported MAC OS :
macOS 10.14.x, macOS 10.13.x, macOS 10.12.x, Mac OS X 10.11.x, Mac OS X 10.10.x, Mac OS X 10.9.x, Mac OS X 10.8.x, Mac OS X 10.7.x, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Mac OS X 10.5.x
How to Use Samsung Magician
- Your first time launches the Samsung Magician Software you can see the first page is Drive Information.
- Shows a brief overview of all drivers and benchmarks the performance.
- You can BenchMark all drive.
- You can See Drive Heath and Temperature.
- Shows Drive Volume.
- Drive Management Page has 5 functions.
- Drive Details – You can select a drive one by one and see the all details of the Drive. Like, Drive health, temperature, serial number, Interface, Firmware, AHCI mode, Total volume, Volume Details
- Performance Benchmark – You can Start to get a Performance Benchmark.
- Diagnostic Scan – Scans for and corrects any errors or abnormalities in the drive.
- Over Provisioning – Allocatea a certain capacity of the SSD to available space to improve the performance and lifetime of the SSD.
- Performance Optimization – Optimizes and enhances storage performance.
- The Data Management page has 3 functions.
- Secure Erase – Permanently deletes data stilled in the SSD.
- PSID Revert – This allows you to encrypted storage. All data in the drive will be deleted.
- Encrypted Drive – Ecrypts storage device with Bitlocker.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Samsung Magician needed?
Samsung magician support to optimize your drive more efficiently. It’s Not necessary, but that tool is very useful and easy to manage your drive just click.
What data does Samsung Magician collect?
Samsung magician collect your drive Serial Number, Interface, Firmware, AHCI mode, Driver Health, Temperature, Volume like.
Samsung Magician Supported Models
|Model||Model Name (Capacity)||Form Factor||Interface|
|980 PRO||MZ-V8P250BW (250GB)MZ-V8P500BW (500GB)MZ-V8P1T0BW (1TB||M.2||PCIe® Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c|
|980||MZ-V8V250BW (250GB)MZ-V8V500BW (500GB)MZ-V8V1T0BW (1TB)||M.2 (2280)||PCIe® Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4|
|970 PRO||MZ-V7P512BW (512 GB)MZ-V7P1T0BW (1,024 GB)||M.2||PCIe® Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3|
|970 EVO||MZ-V7E250BW (250 GB)MZ-V7E500BW (500 GB)MZ-V7E1T0BW (1,000 GB)MZ-V7E2T0BW (2,000 GB)||M.2||PCIe® Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3|
|970 EVO Plus||MZ-V7S250BW (250 GB)MZ-V7S500BW (500 GB)MZ-V7S1T0BW (1,000 GB)||M.2||PCIe® Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3|
|960 PRO||MZ-V6P512BW (512 GB)MZ-V6P1T0BW (1 TB)MZ-V6P2T0BW (2 TB)||M.2||PCIe® Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2|
|960 EVO||MZ-V6E250BW (250 GB)MZ-V6E500BW (500 GB)MZ-V6E1T0BW (1 TB)||M.2||PCIe® Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2|
|950 PRO||MZ-VKV256 (256 GB)MZ-VKV512 (512 GB)||M.2 (2280)||PCIe® 3.0 x4 (up to 32Gb/s) NVMe 1.1|
|870 EVO||MZ-77E250 (250GB)MZ-77E500 (500GB)MZ-77E1T0 (1,000GB)MZ-77E2T0 (2,000GB)MZ-77E4T0 (4,000GB)||2.5 inch||SATA 6 Gb/s Interface,compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s &SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface|
|870 QVO||MZ 77Q1T0 (1TB)MZ 77Q2T0 (2TB)MZ 77Q4T0 (4TB)MZ 77Q8T0 (8TB)||2.5 inch||SATA 6Gb/s|
|860 PRO||MZ-76P256BW (256 GB)MZ-76P512BW (512 GB)MZ-76P1T0BW (1,024 GB)MZ-76P2T0BW (2,048 GB)MZ-76P4T0BW (4,096 GB)||2.5 inch||SATA 6Gb/s|